Browse our Brand New 2016-2017 Experience Monticello Guide to see what we are all about.
With all Monticello has to offer, it's no surprise that the community is thriving. Located along the scenic Mississippi River, Monticello boasts over 26 parks and 15 miles of paved pathways. Discover all that Monticello has to offer you.
Photos of the sunset on the river and swans are courtesy of Chris Lommel Photography.
Monticello at a glance...
- Conveniently located on I-94, just 30 miles east of St Cloud and 35 miles west of Minneapolis
- Monticello Township Population: 3,594 (2004 census)
- Median resident age: 29.8 years
- Full service hospital and health care clinics
- Major employers (2005):
- Monticello/Big Lake Hospital & Nursing Home: 500+ staff members and more than 150 medical staff members
- Monticello Public Schools: 675
- Xcel Energy: 410
- Cargill Kitchen Solutions, Inc: 417
- Land area: 6.2 square miles
- 26 city parks and 15 miles of paved trails and pathways
- Community Center with pool, fitness area, gym, meeting and banquet rooms
- 600 seat ice arena
- Monticello is the third largest city in Wright County